Sea Turtle Rescue Alliance (“STRA”/” we”/”us’”) takes your privacy seriously. This privacy statement explains how STRA makes use of any information that you provide when visiting seaturtlerescuealliance.org (“our”/” this site”), email us or submit data via this site, as well as our commitment to, and procedures for, protecting personal data. STRA does not sell, rent or lease your personal information to any third parties.
This privacy statement falls under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the UK General Data Protection Regulation, and, together with our Terms and Conditions and Cookie Use Policy, govern our relationship with you in relation to this site and all electronic communications. By visiting seaturtlerescuealliance.org you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
Who we are
Address: Gerbestrasse 6, 8820 Wädenswil, Switzerland
Personal data we collect and why we collect
Information You Provide
- Information you give us about you by completing our contact form, our rescue centre survey, or by emailing us:
- Email address
- Phone number
- Where you work
Technical, Analytical & Statistical Data
- Technical information collected automatically by Google Analytics when you visit our site, purely for statistical and analytical purposes:
- Internet protocol (IP) address
- Geo Location
- Device type and version
- Operating system and platform
- Browser type and version
- Time zone setting
- Browser plug-in types and versions
- Demographic information such as sex and age
- Page response times
- Download errors
Cookies enable us to distinguish you from other users of our website. This helps us to provide you with a good experience when you browse our website and also allows us to improve our site. A cookie does not give us access to your computer or any sensitive information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
- This site uses different types of cookies, some which are placed by third party services that appear on our pages:
- Necessary Cookies: These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features. Without these cookies services you have asked for cannot be provided.
- Preference/Functional Cookies: These cookies allow the website to remember preference, choices you make, information you have entered in a form and provide enhanced functionality and personal features.
- Performance Cookies: These cookies help to improve the performance of our website. For example, they collect statistical information about which pages visitors go to most often and help us to provide a better user experience.
- Marketing Cookies: These cookies are used to track visitors across websites. The intention is to display ads that are relevant and engaging for the individual user and thereby more valuable for publishers and third-party advertisers.
- We share information about your use of our website with our social media and analytics partners who may combine it with other information that you have provided to them or that they have collected from your use of their services.
- For detailed information on the cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them see our Cookies Policy.
How We Use Your Information
- The information you provide may be used in a number of different ways, for example:
- To provide you with the information, products and services you ask for, and to honour any contract you have with us;
- To tell you about other products and services we think may be of interest to you
- To manage customer service queries;
- To notify you about changes to our service;
- To personalise repeat visits to our website;
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
Who We Share Your Information With
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we are required by law to do so.
- In order to provide you with the products and services that we offer we may share your information with:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.;
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation.
Where We Store Your Information
- The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA). It may also be processed by staff and contractors operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, for example, analysing data you submitted and the provision of support services.
- All information you provide to us is stored on the secure servers of our web hosting company (SiteGround) and cloud storage and email providers (Google and Microsoft).
- Sometimes non-sensitive data, such as your name or email address, might be temporarily stored on local computer hard drives due to the fact that we often work in locations with limited or no internet connectivity. Appropriate security measures are taken to ensure your data is secure during this time, and the data is moved to cloud storage or deleted as soon as it is no longer required.
- Although our site is encrypted with SSL technology, the transmission of information via the internet is, unfortunately, not completely secure. We will do our best to protect your personal data, however, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How Long We Store Your Data
We have a system of retention periods in place to ensure that your information is only stored whilst it is required for the relevant purposes or to meet legal requirements. Where your information is no longer required, we will ensure it is disposed of in a secure manner. Security logs are retained for 60 days and backups for 30 days.
Access And Update Your Information
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under GDPR. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email us at email@example.com.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
When Will We Contact You?
We may periodically send you emails about new products and services, or other information which we think you may find interesting, using the email address which you have provided, unless you have told us that you do not wish to be contacted in this way.
If you would like to change any of your preferences relating to the way in which we may use your information for direct marketing, then please update your user preferences or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the event of a data breach or misuse, we will inform our users of what happened and what we have done to put it right within 30 days.
This Policy Does Not Apply To Linked Websites And Embedded Content
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.