To allow for a comprehensive, inclusive and equitable governance of the Sea Turtle Rescue Alliance, member benefits are divided into a tiered system.
A Member is defined as a single individual involved in the medical care, husbandry and management of sea turtles, affiliated or not, with a specific centre or institution.
Rescue and Rehabilitation Specialists
The first tier is for rehabilitation and other allied professionals. The individual will have access to the following Microsoft Team Content:
- All the protocol and medical materials related to patient care and first aid, trauma response and husbandry including the use of non-regulated drugs
- Husbandry, first aid and basic medical procedures, protocols, manuals and instructional videos
- Interactive Database of all members and affiliated centres
- Case reviews and report discussions
- Access to monthly dedicated events (lectures, workshops and symposia)
The second tier is for veterinarians. The individual will have access to the following Microsoft Team Content:
- Medical materials including regional medical formularies for use in sea turtle medicine
- Surgery and other invasive procedure protocols including manuals and instructional videos
- All materials and functionality included in Tier 1
Academic, Governmental and Non-Governmental Institutions like University groups, rescue centres and charities can become “Partners”. Affiliated Partners will have access to press releases, social media content and other marketing materials to promote the mission, activities and involvement in the Alliance and will have the chance to be involved in any planned activity.
Once available, Affiliated Partners will have the possibility to access the cloud-based clinical record system to record and manage patients. This will be subject to an additional Memorandum of Understanding.
How to Apply:
Individual Member Tier 1 and Tier 2
For Individuals wishing to join the Sea Turtle Rescue Alliance please download and complete the Individual Member Application Form found below.
For an Academic, Governmental and Non-Governmental Institutions to become an “Affiliated Partner” of the Sea Turtle Rescue Alliance, it must adhere to the criteria in the charter. Please download and complete the Partner Application Form found below.
Please find below the Individual Member Application Form to be completed by individuals wishing to join Tier 1 or Tier 2 and the Partner Application Form for Institutions and read the Sea Turtle Rescue Alliance Charter for the eligibility criteria, and return the forms by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org